Xceptor Tax Hub – An Operational Tax Platform
Xceptor Tax Hub captures and validates any tax document, from any source, and automates the end-to-end tax reclaim process.
Financial institutions typically receive multiple tax forms by fax or email, which often results in manual processes, which include gathering and validating information about the beneficial holder, calculating and applying the correct treaty rate, filling out reclaim forms and supporting documentation, filing the reclaim with the relevant authority, and finally reconciling any received funds against the original claims.
Many of these operational tax activities are time sensitive, with individual reclaims often being open for an extended period of time until the refund has been received, making them difficult to track.
Xceptor Tax Hub has been designed to provide an enhanced operational tax product that captures and standardises data, before workflow tools manage each constituent part of the process. Xceptor manages both relief at source and tax reclaim processes, adding automation steps to increase efficiency and assist the processing of each claim.
Tax reclaim process flow diagram
Automation – Benefits
- Automatic consultation of tax rules and treaty tables to formulate withholding tax rates, and to determine the appropriate course of action for each income event in each market – i.e. can relief at source be applied, and if not, what type of reclaim must be lodged?
- Application of eligibility rules in each market to determine document requirements, and to ensure that each beneficial holder meets those documentation requirements e.g. powers of attorney, residency certificates, beneficial holding statements.
- Automated document management processes, including automated chasers for missing or incorrect documents, ensuring that all client documentation is up-to-date ahead of time.
- Automated reclaim calculations, driven by flexible business rules that allow the organisation to respond to changing treaty and market information.
- Management and lodging of all tax reclaim forms and documentation with the relevant authority, with the ability to monitor workflow status throughout their lifecycle.
- Reconciliation of payments received by tax authorities with the internal record, and lodging of the payment with the internal accounting systems.
- Creation of a range of management dashboards and reports to monitor and control reclaims, including cash-flow analysis and operational performance. Customer service dashboards allow clients to get a real-time view of their own reclaim status.
Xceptor Tax Hub increases efficiency, reduces processing costs and increases compliance by adding workflow rules, and eliminating the checking of documents and manual rekeying. It also enhances customer service, by reducing the time taken to respond if data is incorrect or missing.
It is easily configured by business users, so that any changes to business rules or requirements can be added to the validation process. Business users can add new forms to the module, allowing all tax forms to be validated.