Process automation and data management platform
Many organisations face a daunting challenge when it comes to processing and managing the increasing volume of critical business data, especially where that data arrives in a variety of different file formats. Managing this data effectively puts increasing pressure on middle and back office operations, who have to rely on manual processes, rekeying and copy and pasting in order to get this data from incoming data formats into internal databases and systems – increasing the risk of operational errors and processing costs.
Xceptor delivers clients with a highly customisable and flexible data management platform that easily scales to automatically accept any file format, from any channel. Xceptor services a wide range of requirements within the financial industry, including pricing, trade capture, settlement instruction management and statement capture, fraud detection, and NAV calculations, to name just a few.
The data management processes are all owned by the operations team, and are configured by business analysts through the application of our intuitive business rules engine. This allows the business to determine how data is processed, cleansed, enhanced and applied, rather than having to rely on IT support to maintain the data management platform. Once Xceptor captures data it performs a number of easily configured processes, to validate, map and enrich the data. The user also defines rules to translate data into common accepted formats for downstream systems and delivery by the preferred channel.
Xceptor’s data management platform and automation capabilities allows organisations to:
- Capture multiple structured and unstructured data formats including PDF, XML, CSV, FpML, TIF, JPEG, SWIFT messaging, email and web scraping
- Processes image-based text (i.e. faxes) through an OCR extension module
- Integrate with, and monitor, a variety of input and output channels including FTP sites, file drop, in-house systems, fax, SMTP Gateways and email servers
- Place operational users in control of managing their own business rules and workflows through customisable functions – requiring minimal IT support or programming
- Apply comprehensive reference data look-up’s and management to cross-reference internally stored translation tables and calculations, or retrieve data from reference data stores in other proprietary, or third-party systems
- Create rules to ensure data and exceptions follow a predefined route for checking, resolution, notification and approval
- Apply comprehensive exception management capabilities allocate work to designated users and send out notifications once new exceptions are identified
- Customise reports to deliver top-level management summaries and in-depth granular reports, with supporting dashboards